Date: February 27, 2016
Score: Williams Baptist College 69, St. Louis College of Pharmacy 47
Records: WBC (20-9, 15-9 AMC), STLCOP (2-23, 1-23 AMC)
Location: Petty SRC - St. Louis, Mo.
The Regular Season Finale:
The Williams Baptist College women's basketball team traveled to St. Louis, Mo., on Saturday afternoon for its final regular season contest of the 2015-16 season The Lady Eagles faced St. Louis College of Pharmacy, and despite a closely contested first half, WBC pulled ahead in the second half and earned the 69-47 victory for its twentieth win of the season.
The Lady Eutectics kept the game close, as Williams held a three point advantage at the end of the first quarter and only a five point lead at the end of the half. A big third quarter allowed WBC to pull away. The Lady Eagles also showed its team depth in the scoring sheet as every Williams player scored at least two points and made at least one field goal.
The Twenty Win Season:
Saturday's win was the 20th for the Lady Eagles basketball team. The 20 win plateau has been reached only two times in the past twenty seasons and ties the 2010-11 team with the team-high in wins. The 15 AMC wins are a record for the squad since joining the conference.
Inside the Numbers:
• Andrea Moffitt (JR/Lexington, Tenn. ) led the team in scoring and in rebounds with 15 points and 14 rebounds. She shot 7-of-13 from the floor.
• Jasmine Ford (SR/Little Rock, Ark.) was the only other Lady Eagle to reach double-figures in scoring. She had 12 points and went 4-of-5 from behind-the-arc.
• Porche Hall (SR/Wynne, Ark.) had 7 points and 13 rebounds off the bench.
• STLCOP was led by Emi Stanthuff and Allison Dewald's 14 point performances.
• Rebounds: WBC (59), MBU (25)
• Assists: WBC (21), STLCOP (11)
• Shooting: WBC 29-of-73 (40 percent), STLCOP 19-of-66 (29 percent)
With Saturday's win, Williams has clinched the sixth seed in the American Midwest Conference Tournament. WBC will travel to Henderson, Tenn., for the quarterfinal match against the third seeded Lady Lions of Freed-Hardeman University. FHU swept the season series. Tip-off is scheduled for Thursday, March 3rd, at 7 p.m.
For more updates on the WBC women's basketball team and for live streaming of the playoff game on Thursday, check out www.wbceagles.com