Date: February 16, 2016
Score: (12) Freed-Hardeman University 67, Williams Baptist College 56
Records: (12) FHU (20-6, 16-4 AMC), WBC (16-9, 11-9 AMC)
Location: Brewer Sports Center - Henderson, Tenn.
The Game Tape:
The Williams Baptist College women's basketball team traveled to Henderson, Tenn., on Tuesday afternoon, for a matchup against the 12th ranked Lady Lions of Freed-Hardeman University. Freed raced out to an early 19-7 lead after the first quarter and held a 33-15 edge at the end of the first half. Poor shooting plagued Williams in the first frame, as the team could only muster a 7-for-24 performance for 29 percent. The Lady Eagles responded with a better shooting effort and out-scored FHU 41-34 in the second half, but it was not enough to overcome the Lady Lion lead.
Stat of the Contest:
Turnovers: FHU (7), WBC (17)
Inside the Box Score:
• Taylor Williams (JR/Mountain Home, Ark. ) led Williams in scoring with 13 points. She went 4-of-7 from the field and 3-of-5 from behind-the-arc.
• Alytrius Perry (JR/Marked Tree, Ark. ) finished with 10 points and five rebounds.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) contributed with eight points and six rebounds. She went a perfect 3-of-3 from the floor and 2-of-2 from the free-throw line.
• Andrea Moffitt (JR/Lexington, Tenn. ) had eight points and five rebounds for the Lady Eagles.
• Freed-Hardeman was led by Taleeah Cross in points. She posted a game-high with 28 and she also contributed by pulling down six rebounds.
• Rebounds: WBC (38), FHU (29)
• Shooting: FHU 24-of-61 (39 percent), WBC 21-of-54 (39 percent)
• Free-Throws: FHU 14-of-20 (70 percent), WBC 9-of-17 (53 percent)
• Three-Pointers: FHU 5-of-13 (39 percent), WBC 5-of-14 (36 percent)
The Lady Eagles return home and will face William Woods University on Thursday, February 18th. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., in the Southerland-Mabee Center.
For more updates on the women's basketball team and for live streaming of the events, check out www.wbceagles.com