Date: February 13, 2016
Score: Williams Baptist College 77, Lyon College 61
Records: WBC (13-7, 11-6 AMC), Lyon (8-16, 5-13 AMC)
Location: Becknell Gymnasium - Batesville, Ark.
The Thirteenth Win:
The Williams Baptist College men's basketball team traveled to Lyon College on Saturday for an American Midwest Conference match against the Scots. Williams held a 38-27 edge at the end of the first half, primarily due to hot shooting from behind the arc. The Eagles shot 7-of-15 in the half for 47 percent, compared to a 2-for-8 performance (25 percent) from Lyon. Williams held the lead throughout the second half and held its largest lead of the game (22 points) with 2:27 left in the contest.
Stat of the Game:
Three Point Shooting: WBC 11-of-24 (46 percent), Lyon 5-of-17 (29 percent)
Inside the Box Score:
• Stanley Malcom (SR/Chicago, Ill.) led the team in scoring, with 16 points. Malcom had a big day at the charity stripe, knocking down 10-of-12. He also added five rebounds and four assists.
• Reece Dunlap (JR/Doddridge, Ark. ) produced 14 points off the bench. Dunlap went 4-of-7 from behind-the-arc.
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) added another double-double performance of 13 points and a team-high 11 rebounds. This is the fifth straight double-double performance for Howard.
• E.J. Rucker (JR/Newport, Ark. ) had 11 points on 4-of-10 shooting from the field.
• Aaron Hamby (SR/Malvern, Ark.) scored 10 points, and went 2-of-3 from the three-point line.
• Lyon was led by Ty Virden. He had 25 points on 10-of-17 shooting from the field.
• Shooting: Lyon 23-of-50 (46 percent), WBC 24-of-54 (44 percent)
• Points off Turnovers: WBC (16), Lyon (10)
• Points in the Paint: Lyon (32), WBC (20)
• Bench Scoring: WBC (21), Lyon (10)
The Eagles will travel to Freed-Hardeman University on Tuesday, February 16, for an AMC showdown with the Lions. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., in Henderson, Tenn.
For more updates on the Eagles basketball team and for live streaming of the games, check out www.wbceagles.com