Date: February 11, 2016
Score: Williams Baptist College 73, Central Baptist College 50
Records: WBC (15-8, 10-8 AMC), CBC (8-16, 4-15 AMC)
Location: A.R. Reddin Fieldhouse - Conway, Ark.
The Game File:
The Williams Baptist College women's basketball team traveled to Conway, Ark., for an American Midwest Conference showdown with in-state rival Central Baptist College. WBC held a 29-22 advantage at the end of the first half, but Central Baptist would rally in the third quarter. The Lady Mustangs were down by only one point at the end of the third quarter. WBC would use a dominant fourth quarter to put the game out of reach for CBC. Despite the close battle, Williams never trailed in the match.
The Winning Streak:
The Lady Eagles have now won four consecutive games in the AMC, which marks the longest streak for the team this season in conference play.
Stat of the Game:
Fourth Quarter Scoring: WBC (29), CBC (7)
Inside the Box Score:
• Alytrius Perry (JR/Marked Tree, Ark. ) led all scorers with 20 points for Williams. She went 5-of-8 from behind-the-arc, and she also added four rebounds.
• Taylor Williams (JR/Mountain Home, Ark. ) finished with 13 points on 5-of-10 shooting from the field.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) contributed with 12 points and seven rebounds in 20 minutes of playing time.
• Central Baptist College was led by Rachel Eitherington's 18 point performance.
• Bench Scoring: WBC (23), CBC (11)
• Second Chance Points: WBC (12), CBC (5)
The Lady Eagles will travel to Lyon College and face the 6th ranked team in the NAIA on Saturday afternoon. Tip-off is scheduled for 2 p.m., in Batesville, Ark.
For more updates on the women's basketball team and for live streaming of the events, check out www.wbceagles.com