Dates: February 4, 2016 - February 6, 2016
Score: WBC 73, Park 58 - WBC 76, Stephens 60
Records: WBC (14-8, 9-8 AMC), Park (7-12, 7-10 AMC), Stephens (5-19, 3-15 AMC)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
Splitting the Season Series:
The Williams Baptist College women's basketball team hosted Park University last Thursday night for an American Midwest Conference match. With the win, the Lady Eagles improved to 8-8 in conference play.
Against the Pirates:
The Lady Eagles started the first two quarters off with a blistering 56 percent shooting percentage from the floor. WBC also added a 5-of-10 effort from behind the arc and built a 38-29 advantage at the end of the first two quarters. Park was only able to manage a 39 percent effort in the first frame on 10-of-26 shooting.
Williams outscored the Pirates in both the third and fourth quarters and continued to keep the hot shooting touch. The Lady Eagles took the largest lead of the game, an edge of 20 points, with 3:43 left in the fourth quarter. WBC led the contest wire-to-wire and never surrendered the lead.
Stat of the Park Game:
Turnovers: Park (22), Williams (12)
Inside the Park Box Score:
• Jasmine Ford (SR/Little Rock, Ark.) had a big game, with 7-of-9 shooting, to tie the game-high with 18 points. Ford went 2-of-3 from three and she also added 5 rebounds and 4 assists.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) posted 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting, and she also added six rebounds and a block.
• Alytrius Perry (JR/Marked Tree, Ark. ) provided leadership at the point guard position, with 12 points, and she dished out a game-high 8 assists.
• Andrea Moffitt (JR/Lexington, Tenn. ) narrowly missed a double-double with her 8 points and 10 rebounds.
• Park was led by Latrice Butler in both points (18) and rebounds (14).
Stephens held an early 15-14 edge after the end of the first quarter, but the Lady Eagles managed to force a 33-33 tie at the end of the first half. After holding the Stars to nine points in the third quarter, Williams kept the double-digit advantage and won the game 76-60.
Stat of the Game:
Points in the Paint: WBC 38, Stephens 16
Inside the Stephens Box Score:
• Alytrius Perry led all scorers with 18 points on 6-of-10 shooting from the field. She also went 4-of-6 from behind the arc.
• Porche Hall (SR/Wynne, Ark.) had eight points and a game-high 15 rebounds.
• Briana Clark led Stephens with 13 points.
The Lady Eagles will travel to Central Baptist College for a showdown with the Lady Mustangs on Thursday, November 11. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., in Conway, Ark.