Date: January 28, 2016
Score: WBC 89, HLGU 77
Records: WBC (9-7, 7-6 AMC), HLGU (4-13, 3-10 AMC)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
The Game File:
Williams came out of the gates with a hot shooting effort in the first half, shooting 55 percent from the field and a blistering 54 percent (7-of-13) from behind the arc to take the 47-35 edge into halftime. Hannibal responded in the second half with a 15-of-25 effort (60 percent) from the floor, but could not erase the deficit. WBC held the lead throughout the course of the second period and won the game 89-77 for its ninth win of the season.
Inside the Box Score:
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) produced a double-double of 22 points and 15 rebounds, both were game-highs. He shot 9-of-13 from the floor and 3-of-6 from behind the arc.
• Reece Dunlap (JR/Doddridge, Ark. ) provided a career-high 21 points off the bench. He shot 7-of-11 from the field and 5-of-8 from behind the arc.
• E.J. Rucker (JR/Newport, Ark. ) added 16 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
• Demoine Brown (JR/Luxora, Ark.) had a balanced line of 11 points, six rebounds and four assists.
• Hannibal-LaGrange was led by De'Shawn Terrell 19 points. The Trojans had three players tally double-digits in points.
• Fast Break Points: WBC (16), HLGU (2)
• Bench Scoring: WBC (32), HLGU (32)
• Assists: HLGU (16), WBC (15)
Williams will host in-state rival and AMC foe Central Baptist College on Saturday, January 30. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m., in the Southerland-Mabee Center.
For more updates on the Eagles basketball team and for live video feeds of the games, check out www.wbceagles.com