Date: January 25, 2016
Score: CBC 57, WBC 48
Records: WBC (11-8, 6-8 AMC), CBC (7-12, 3-11 AMC)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
Poor shooting plagued both the Lady Eagles of Williams Baptist College and the Lady Mustangs of Central Baptist College throughout the course of the game. The teams finished the first half tied at 26. Williams was only able to muster a 23 percent effort from the field in the second half of play. CBC's 41 percent showing in the second half proved to be the difference in the game. The Lady Mustangs managed to sink late free-throws to put the game out of reach. The final score ended up at 57-48.
500 Win Watch:
Head Coach Carol Halford currently sits at 499 career victories. Her next opportunity to hit the milestone will be Thursday at home.
Stat of the Game:
Team Shooting: CBC: 20-of-56 (36 percent), WBC: 15-of-53 (28 percent)
Inside the Box Score:
• Taylor Williams (JR/Mountain Home, Ark. ) led all Williams scorers with 11 points.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) added 10 points and nine rebounds.
• Andrea Moffitt (JR/Lexington, Tenn. ) had a game-high 14 rebounds for WBC.
• CBC was led by Rachel Eitherington, Kaylen Taylor and Audrey Moran. They scored 11 points, respectively.
• Team Turnovers: WBC: (19), CBC: (13)
• Team Rebounding: WBC: (41), CBC: (41)
• Team Free-Throw Shooting: CBC: 14-of-20 (60 percent), WBC: 12-of-24 (50 percent)
Williams will host Hannibal-LaGrange University on Thursday, January 28. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m., in the Southerland-Mabee Center.
For more updates on the women's basketball team and for live video streaming of the games, check out www.wbceagles.com