Date: January 21, 2016
Score: (RV) LU-B 84, WBC 79
Records: (RV) LU-B (9-10, 6-6 AMC), WBC (7-7, 5-6 AMC)
Location: Belleville, Ill.
How it Happened:
After a back and forth start to the contest, WBC went on a run midway through the first frame, giving the Eagles a nine point advantage with seven minutes to play. However, Lindenwood responded by outscoring Williams 15 points down the stretch to take a 42-36 edge going to the locker rooms. The Lynx stifled any comeback WBC had in mind before winning 84-79.
Stat of the Game:
Free-Throw Shooting: LU-B 9-of-14 (64 percent), WBC 7-of-17 (41 percent)
Inside the Box Score:
• All five of the Eagles starters reached double-figures in scoring in the contest.
• Stanley Malcom (SR/Chicago, Ill.) scored a career-best 24 points on 9-of-12 shooting and 4-of-4 from behind the arc. He also grabbed 10 rebounds.
• Demoine Brown (JR/Luxora, Ark.) added 15 points on 6-of-10 shooting. He also finished with seven rebounds.
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) contributed with 13 points and he also had seven boards.
• E.J. Rucker (JR/Newport, Ark. ) had 11 points and four rebounds.
• Aaron Hamby (SR/Malvern, Ark.) rounded out the WBC scoring with 10 points.
• Lindenwood was led by ShunQuez Stephens, who posted game-highs with 33 points on 14-of-21 shooting and he also pulled down 21 rebounds.
• Team Shooting: WBC 31-of-67 (46 percent) , LU-B 32-of-69 (46 percent)
• Team Three-Point Shooting: WBC 10-of-21 (48 percent) , LU-B 11-of-27 (41 percent)
• Team Rebounding: LU-B 43, WBC 39
• Team Assists: LU-B 21, WBC 13
• Team Turnovers: LU-B 12, WBC 12
The Eagles will travel to St. Louis, Mo., on Saturday, January 23, for an American Midwest Conference game against Harris-Stowe State University. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m.
For more updates on the men's basketball team and for live video streaming of the games, check out www.wbceagles.com