Date: January 16, 2016
Score: WBC 73, STLCOP 51
Records: WBC (10-6, 5-6 AMC), STLCOP (1-12, 0-12 AMC)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
How It Happened:
The Lady Eagles had an early 24-9 advantage and held a 45-20 lead at the end of the first half. WBC shot 50 percent (17-of-34) from the floor and held the Lady Eutectics to just 31 percent (8-of-26) in the first two quarters. STLCOP would outscore Williams in the final two quarters, but the contest was never questionable as WBC rolled to its 10th win of the season.
Stat of the Contest:
The Lady Eagles had 20 assists as a team and committed only 13 turnovers. STLCOP had 11 assists and committed 23 turnovers.
Inside the Box Score:
• Andrea Moffitt (JR/Lexington, Tenn. ) led all scorers with 18 points. She also pulled down nine rebounds, four steals and two blocks.
• Taylor Williams (JR/Mountain Home, Ark. ) finished with 12 points on 5-of-8 shooting from the field.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) added eight points and a game-high 12 rebounds. Thompson had 10 rebounds at the end of the second quarter.
• Da'Monique Brown (SO/Luxora, Ark. ) had seven assists.
• St. Louis College of Pharmacy was led by Morgan Rose and Emi Stanthuff in points with 16.
• Team Rebounds: WBC (44), STLCOP (30)
• Team Steals: WBC (13), STLCOP (6)
• Team Blocks: WBC (5), STLCOP (3)
500 Win Watch:
Saturday's win was win number 498 for Head Coach Carol Halford. She is only two wins away from reaching 500 for her career.
The Lady Eagles will travel to Belleville, Ill., on Thursday, January 21, for an AMC match against Lindenwood University-Belleville. Tip-off is scheduled for 5:30 p.m. WBC won the first match of the season against the Lady Lynx 69-64, on November 19, in Walnut Ridge.
For more updates on the women's basketball team and for live video streaming of the events, check out www.wbceagles.com