The Game File:
Date: January 16, 2016
Score: WBC 92, STLCOP 59
Records: WBC (7-6, 5-5 AMC), STLCOP (0-13, 0-11 AMC)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
How it Happened:
Pharmacy held its one and only lead, by three points, in the first minute of the contest. The Eagles quickly recaptured the lead and never looked back in the rout. Williams held a 20 point edge at the end of the first half, leading 49-29. WBC used defensive pressure and pace to force 29 turnovers and outscored STLCOP 33-7 from points off turnovers for its seventh win of the season.
Stat of the Game:
Every player that recorded playing time for WBC scored at least four points in the contest.
Quote of the Game:
"I was very pleased with our freshmen," stated Head Coach Josh Austin. "They played tough. There was a lot of things we wanted to get better at and we accomplished it. We did not settle."
Inside the Box Score:
• E.J. Rucker (JR/Newport, Ark. ) led all scorers with 21 points. He finished 8-of-10 from the field and went 5-of-6 from behind the arc.
• Aaron Hamby (SR/Malvern, Ark.) finished with 18 points. Hamby knocked down 5-of-7 three pointers and he pulled down six rebounds.
• Demoine Brown (JR/Luxora, Ark.) added 10 points on 4-of-5-shooting from the field.
• Andre Black (FR/Morrilton, Ark. ) provided 10 points off the bench on 3-of-5 shooting from the floor.
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) had seven points and a team-high 10 rebounds.
• Pharmacy was led by Kyle Jones' 17 point outing.
• Team Steals: WBC (21), STLCOP (6)
• Team Assists: WBC (17), STLCOP (13)
• Team Rebounding: WBC (29), STLCOP (27)
The Eagles will travel to Belleville, Ill., for an American Midwest Conference match against Lindenwood University-Belleville on January 21. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m.
For more updates on the Eagles basketball team and for live video streaming of the games, check out www.wbceagles.com