Date: January 9, 2016
Score: (4) Columbia 87, WBC 58
Records: (4) Columbia (16-1, 9-0 AMC), WBC (5-6, 3-5 AMC)
Location: Columbia, Mo.
The Eagles basketball team finished its two-game road trip in Columbia, Mo., on Saturday, against the Cougars of Columbia College. The fourth ranked Cougars proved to be too much for WBC. CC snagged an early 49-29 lead at the end of the first half and increased its lead throughout the second half, primarily due to a large rebounding advantage in the contest.
Stat of the Game:
Team Rebounds: CC (50), WBC (28)
Inside the Box Score:
• Reece Dunlap (JR/Doddridge, Ark. ) led all WBC scorers with nine points. He knocked down a pair of three's in the contest.
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) added eight points and six rebounds.
• Stanley Malcom (SR/Chicago, Ill.) contributed with eight points.
• CC was led by Nic Reynolds, who had a game-high 23 points. Nathan Biggs added 18 points.
• Team Assists: CC (16), WBC (6)
• Team Shooting: CC 36-of-66 (55%), WBC 22-of-65 (34%)
• Team Turnovers: CC (8), WBC (5)
The Eagles return home for a two-game homestand against Missouri Baptist University and St. Louis College of Pharmacy. Williams will first face the Spartans of MBU on Thursday, January 14. Tip-off is scheduled for 7:30 p.m., in the Southerland-Mabee Center.
For more updates on the men's basketball team and for live video streaming of the events, check out www.wbceagles.com