Date: January 7, 2016
Score: WWU 71, WBC 67
Records: WWU (11-6, 7-2 AMC), WBC (5-5, 3-4 AMC)
Location: Fulton, Mo.
The Owls Fend Off the Late Comeback:
Despite trailing 30-35 and shooting only 26 percent in the first half, Williams responded with a better effort in the second half, outscoring the Owls 37-36 in the second frame. Williams tied up the game at 67-67 with just under a minute remaining, but could not knock down the crucial shot to give them the advantage. WWU was able to knock down late free-throws and walk away with its 11th win of the season and snap the Eagles two game American Midwest Conference winning streak.
Stat of the Game:
Team Rebounding: WWU (55), WBC (34)
Inside the Box Score:
• Stanley Malcom (SR/Chicago, Ill.) tied for the team lead in points scored with 13. He also added four assists and four steals.
• Demoine Brown (JR/Luxora, Ark.) had 13 points off the bench for Williams.
• Reece Dunlap (JR/Doddridge, Ark. ) finished with 12 points. He went 4-for-7 from behind the arc.
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) finished with double-figures, netting 10 points. Howard also had a team-high eight rebounds.
• William Woods was led by Deon Pettigrew's double-double of 19 points and 12 rebounds, both game-highs.
• Team Turnovers: WWU (19), WBC (9)
• Team Steals: WBC (12), WWU (2)
The Eagles will travel to Columbia, Mo., on Saturday, January 9, for an AMC match against Columbia College. The Cougars are currently ranked 4th in the nation and boast a record of 15-1. Tip-off is scheduled for 4 p.m.
For more information on the Eagles basketball team and for live video streaming of the game, check out www.wbceagles.com