Score: Williams Baptist College 79; Hannibal-LaGrange University 89
Records: WBC (7-1, 2-1 AMC) HLGU (2-5, AMC 2-1)
Location: Porter Gymnasium - Hannibal, Mo.
How it Happened:
Williams fell behind early thanks in part to HLGU shooting 55 percent in the first half. The Lady Trojans used the hot shooting on their way to a 49-32 halftime lead. WBC bounced back in the third quarter, outscoring Hannibal 26-17. The Lady Eagles could not sustain the lead in the fourth quarter, falling 89-79.
Stat of the Game:
• Hannibal shot a season high 53 percent from the floor for the game. They made 31-of-59 from the field, including 8-of-17 from the 3-point line.
Inside the Box Score:
• Alisha Stone (SR/Blytheville, Ark.) scored a career high 26 points on 9-of-16 shooting from the field. She made 7-of-14 from 3-point range. (See below for highlights.)
• Alytrius Perry (JR/Marked Tree, Ark. ) added 14 points for the Lady Eagles on 5-of-13 shooting and added seven rebounds to lead the team.
• Da'Monique Brown (SO/Luxora, Ark. ) scored 12 points off the bench for WBC.
• Michaela Thompson (SR/Viola, Ark.) scored 10 points to round out the Eagles in double-figures.
• Hannibal scored the first points of the game and led for the entirety. Their largest lead was 21.
• WBC's bench outscored HLGU 25-3.
• Hannibal scored 21 points off Williams turnovers and led 17-to-7 in second chance points.
Quote of the Game:
"We got punished for coming out slow in the first half. We responded with a good third quarter, but we could never get over the hump." - Head Coach Carol Halford.
500 Win Watch:
Halford is five wins shy of 500 for her career.
WBC travels to Columbia, Mo., to face American Midwest Conference foe Stephens College on Dec. 16, at 7 p.m. The next afternoon they will play at 2 p.m. in Parkville, Mo., against the Pirates from Park University. After those two conference matches, they will get a couple weeks off for christmas before returning to the Southerland-Mabee Center in Walnut Ridge on January 2. They will face AMC rival Lyon College at 2 p.m.
For latest information and to watch video of home events, as well as replays on demand, visit www.wbceagles.com.