Score: Williams Baptist College 77; Hannibal-LaGrange University 82
Records: WBC (3-3, 1-2 AMC) HLGU (3-2, 2-0 AMC)
Location: Porter Gymnasium - Hannibal, Mo.
How it Happened:
Hannibal won the back-and-forth contest 82-77. The lead changed hands 12 times throughout the contest, while the score was tied on eight occasions. The Eagles found their biggest lead of three points with 13:40 remaining in the first half. HLGU's largest lead came with 6:46 remaining in the first half, and was 12 points. Both teams scorched the net in the second half, with the Eagles shooting 56 percent (18-of-32) from the field and the Trojans 59 percent (13-of-22).
Stat of the Game:
• The Trojans made 6-of-9 three point shots in the second half, on their way to the five point victory.
Inside the Box Score:
• Tevin Howard (SR/Luxora, Ark.) scored a season high 20 points, making 4-of-8 three point attempts. He also added eight rebounds in the contest.
• D'Avonte Garland lead the Trojans with 20 points on 6-of-11 shooting.
• Hannibal dished out 22 assists compared to 12 for WBC.
• Williams controlled the paint, outscoring the Trojans 32-20, while scoring 11 second chance points compared to just three for Hannibal.
• HLGU scored 17 points off of WBC turnovers compared to just eight for the Eagles.
• For the game, the Trojans shot 53 percent.
Quote of the Game:
"We did not play well last night. I thought we did not move well defensively. We will have to get better protecting our basket if we want to be successful. Offensively, I thought we got a lot of good looks." - Head Coach Josh Austin.
WBC travels to New Orleans, La. for an exhibition contest with the University of New Orleans on Dec. 12. The time of the contest is to be determined. Following that, the Eagles will jump back into American Midwest Conference play against Park University in Parkville, Mo., at 4 p.m., on Dec. 17. Then the team will get a Christmas break before hosting AMC rival Lyon College on Jan. 2, at 4 p.m.
For latest information and to watch video of home events, as well as replays on demand, visit www.wbceagles.com.