Score: Williams Baptist College 72 University of the Ozarks 69
Records: WBC (6-0, 2-0 AMC) UofO (2-1)
Location: Southerland-Mabee Center - Walnut Ridge, Ark.
How it Happened:
After scoring only 27 points in the first half, the Lady Eagles opened the third quarter with a 7-0 run, tying the contest at 34. From there, the teams traded baskets and went to the fourth frame tied at 48. WBC's largest lead of the game was by six points, with 50 seconds remaining. Ozarks cut the lead to one with eight seconds left, but Alytrius Perry (JR/Marked Tree, Ark. ) knocked down two free throws before blocking Ozarks' last second three-point attempt.
Stat of the Game:
• The Lady Eagles made 7-of-8 three-point attempts in the second half after going 0-for-8 in the first half of this contest and 1-for-12 in the previous game.
Inside the Box Score:
• Alisha Stone (SR/Blytheville, Ark.) scored a career high 24 points on 9-of-14 shooting from the field. She made 5-of-9 from 3-point range. (see below for highlights)
• Porche Hall (SR/Wynne, Ark.) recorded her third double-double on the season with 13 points and 14 rebounds. She ranks second in the NAIA in rebounds, averaging 13.33 a game.
• Ashley Hipps of Ozarks led all scoring with 25 points. She made 8-of-22 from the floor and 5-of-13 from beyond-the-arc.
• Williams out-rebounded Ozarks 45-to-36. WBC ranks third in the NAIA with 50.833 rebounds per game.
• The lead changed six times in the contest.
• UofO led by nine in the second quarter, for its largest lead of the game.
• WBC scored 45 points in the 2nd half, after being held to a season low 27 in the 1st half.
Quote of the Game:
"We told our girls at halftime that we are going to have to start making three point shots. We had missed 23 of our last 25. I think they responded well in the second half," Head Coach Carol Halford.
500 Win Watch:
The win gives Halford 494 career wins. She is six wins shy of 500.
WBC travels to Paragould, Ark., to face non-conference foe Crowley's Ridge College on November 24, at 6 p.m. Then they will take a break for Thanksgiving before traveling to American Midwest Conference opponent Hannibal-LaGrange University on December 3, at 5:30 p.m.
For latest information and to watch video of home events, as well as replays on demand, visit www.wbceagles.com.